Palo Alto – the startup and family city
Palo Alto is a city where I used to live 3 years. In this post, I will tell you about some good places to go for a coffee and a pastry.
Douce France – http://cafedoucefrance.com/ is my favorite cafe – bakery. They serve the best fruit tarts as well as panini ( sandwiches). They have also great crepes, salads, and all kind of different egg varieties.
They also have delicious Lavazza coffee.
Here are the pictures:
In this section, I would like to share my Bay Area experience. If you just came to Bay Area and you are looking for a place to rent, you should check housing on https://sfbay.craigslist.org/ or https://www.trulia.com/.
First I would like to give you some tips for immigrants. I know how challenging is coming to a new place without knowing anything. I will make the list of important topics:
- If you just came to Bay Area and you are looking for a place to rent, you should check on https://sfbay.craigslist.org/ or https://www.trulia.com/. It is crucial to have a credit score, which means that you have to apply for an American card.
- If you are interested in renting a place, you need to act quickly. The housing market is very rapid and if you see a place that you like it call email as soon as possible to schedule an appointment. It is also good to have a credit score with yourself so you can give the agent or owner your application, and you will be the first on the list of applicants.
- If you want to buy inexpensive staff for your new house, go to TJMaxx, Marshall or Ross. You can find a really high-quality bathroom and kitchen items.
- If you want to buy furniture go to https://sfbay.craigslist.org/ or facebook marketplace and look for table, chair, lamps. People here are coming for few years and when they are leaving they sell all their staff so you can find really great and inexpensive items on the market.
- When you are driving or walking look for garage or yard sales. People here organize such an event to sell all their staff.
- If you have kids it is useful to live in Palo Alto. Palo Alto has a one of the best public school. It is a lovely city with cute restaurants and unique shops. The rent is higher than in other cities around because of the high demand of families with children.
- Menlo Park, Atherton, and Redwood City are one of my favorite cities. There is a lot of green areas that you can enjoy.
- After getting here, it is important to apply for Social Security Number and Driving License. Social Security Number is useful everywhere, it is essential for job, taxes and health insurance.
I probably forgot about many tips that I was going to write but if you have any question you can leave a comment and I will do my best to respond to it.
Source: The Bay Area Life